Hope to see you there! Below is a message with more details on the event itself.
Tomorrow is the big day and I hope you're as excited as we are. This Town Hall is the start of "upping the game" on addressing climate change. Here are a few points to help the day go more smoothly.
• Please come early, even if you're registered. Doors open at 8:30 and we'll start PROMPTLY at 9:30. There will be coffee/tea and goodies to help you wake up, information tables to browse, and interesting people to network with. There will also be Listening Stations if you want someone to talk to.
• We're entering the building from the alley side. Signs will guide you there.
• There will be bike valet parking--bike if you can. Or take the #51 or #2 buses which go directly to either side of the Met High School. Also the Blue Light Rail train can be taken to 8th and O St. stop and the Met is only blocks south for a walk if you don't want to take the 51 from there down to the school.
• We know that many people will need to drive. Carpool if you can, of course. There is 10-hour parking on W St which costs $3 in quarters (we will have some quarters at the registration area if you are short). In other places it is 12 minutes/quarter. Check the signs as times vary and meters are in operation on Saturdays. There should be plenty of parking in the area. Please do not park in the alley behind the school.
• Bring your own mug for coffee/tea and a (reusable) water bottle. We are attempting to minimize waste to the landfill. There will be light snacks in the morning and lunch at noon.
• You don't have to print out your Eventbrite tickets--we have the list. People who aren't yet registered are welcome--bring your friends.
• The event is going to be televised by Access Sacramento.
See you tomorrow!!