Saturday October 18, 9 am until ?
Ruth and Chris’s Place in Oak Park,
Contact Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org for directions!
• Please join us as we learn and do! Sponsored by Ubuntu Green and the G-Squad, youth gardening project, and the City's Cash for Grass Program this is a hands on education experience in installing a low water use landscape with gray water and rainwater capture and permaculture principles.
- Pizza and solar-cooked desert with be served.
• Educational mentors include:
Bernadette Balics, Ecological Landscape Design
Abraham Martin, GreyCycle - on Gray water reuse design and installation
Adam Lovelace, Midtown Freedom Farm
Chris Brown, Rainwater Harvesting
Ruth Lindahl, Solar Cooking
Scott Thompson, ReSoil on Composting
• This is a sweat equity project: bring your shovel, pick axe or rake. Free will donations to Ubuntu Green's Youth garden Program will be accepted.
• As part of the Barn-raising process, we are soliciting your input on other projects where we can contribute our sweat and knowledge!