The week of February 18–26 is the first recess of the 115th Congress—time specifically set aside for members of Congress to meet with constituents and get the pulse of the communities they represent. This is the perfect time to raise our voices and make clear to those who represent us that tolerance of Trump's hurtful agenda is unacceptable and politically toxic. Four events in our area:
February 20: Join Congresswoman Matsui for a Health Care Discussion. 10:30 am @Sutter Middle School, 3150 I St. 916-498-5600. (NOTE: meet 30 minutes before the event--702-371-6663.) Ilonka
February 21: Office Hours with Congressman Ami Bera (NOTE: staff will be present but not Bera). 10 am @Arden-Dimick Library, 891 Watt Ave, Sacramento.
February 24: Stand Up to Climate Change Deniers LaMalfa and McClintock. 8:30–9:30 am and 2:45–3:30 pm. @Ridge Golf Course & Events Center, Auburn
March 7: Office Hours with Congressman Ami Bera (NOTE: staff will be present but not necessarily Bera). 10 am @Southgate Library, 6132 66th Ave, Sacramento.
Finding it hard to keep up?
We are. Resistance is rising and with it are constant activities to both resist the wrong turn our government is taking and build a world with a safe climate and respect for all people and the environment. We try not to inundate you with emails so sometimes we miss telling you about important events. The best way to keep up is through the 350 Sacramento FaceBook page, which is more nimble than these weekly notes. Some activities we want to spotlight (also, see the calendar below):
- Feb 20—First meeting of a Study Group to learn how to accelerate Sacramento’s transition to carbon zero. 7 pm @3651 E. Curtis Dr. Justin
- Feb 21—Join the 2017 Town Hall planning group. 6:30 pm @3651 E. Curtis Dr. Laurie
- Our new Legislative Team is just getting started to work on climate legislation and divestment. Ilonka
- Would you be interested in helping start a Plant for the Planet group for young people ages 9–14+? Laurie
- Tabling—lots of opportunities coming up, including Earth Days and Farmers Market Days. Justin
- Other projects and activities: Transition Streets, Transit 101, Green & Just Economy, Green Drinks, People’s Climate March, fundraising, website, art projects…firstname.lastname@example.org